Tuesday, August 3, 2010

25 Months Ago: Day 6

DAY 6 – July 3, 2008

I don't remember much about this day. A note in my daily planner on this day says “scout Mt Hope”, so I must have set myself the task of figuring out which part of Mt. Hope Cemetery I was going to be using for the following day's shoot. And the receipts tell me that I stocked up on some more miniDV tapes.

The only thing we shot today was a brief and simple scene in which Liz and Karyus talk to a college receptionist (played by Nikki Germany, another friend of Liz). The location was the University of Buffalo (North Campus, Amherst), and we simply used their information desk when no one was around. Nikki and Liz improvised a small joke about earrings, which I insisted on using in the film. It was unusual to see anyone upstage John Karyus, although he has since told me he played the scene as a sheepish husband being forced to put up with girl talk.

Judging by emails from the time, this scene was originally scheduled for June 30, and then for July 2. Both of those days ended up solidly booked anyway, which may have caused the postponement. Or it may have been that an actress hadn't been found yet for the secretary role; I don't recall. It seems the scene just had to wait for a day when there wasn't much else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment